Outcast, a World of Warcraft guild.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outcast, a World of Warcraft guild.

The forums for Outcast Guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wonderful Raiding Addons.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dbon
Admin

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-11

Wonderful Raiding Addons. Empty
PostSubject: Wonderful Raiding Addons.   Wonderful Raiding Addons. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 12:41 pm

I recently changed my addons alot and so I've had a chance to look at some new addons

I'll explain the addons I recommand:

1) Clique - at first this addons seems idiotic, alas at a second glance you get to understand how powerful it is.
It allows you to bind your right and left mouse buttons to spells
(Say, I have Shift + Left Button as my sTtrongest heal, I have some more but we won't get into it now)
This means that when you *Shift Left Click on a target* would heal it. This works really well with my other addons
you can find a very good review of this addon right here!

2) next one is oRA, oRA is a tool similar to CT but it allows you to have some extra functionalty for instance you can set a Player Target as well as a Main Tank, for fights like Moroes when you have to see how a player is doing. Along that, another good use of it is that is allows you to see what your MT's Target targets. I find this very useful to Paladins so we could Blessing of Protection someone who aggroed a tanked target.
All those extra in game addons help me out alot while raiding. (Although, oRA dosen't have the raid frames, so healers need to get new ones for themselves, but... you got alot of those around!)

3) And now, a Paladin helper, for now it's most useful function for me is a buffer function, it's a list of all the Blessings I need to do and the time they are to run out. Removed alot of blessing problems last night in Karazhan.

4) SCT (ScrollingCombatText), yes I know WoW comes with a built in scrolling combat text, but it isn't as good as tthis one. I mean, when did you ever get a strong sound and a huge screen reminder that you are low on mana? Never? thought so...
Always useful to get that reminder so I can cast my mana efficent spell.

5) Grid - Grid is also a good addon to show raid frames in a unique way, it is very effective by giving you alot of info in just one tiny box. Although Grid is very hard to master and needs alot of tme to get used to it, the benefits from it are great (Especially when using "Clique") then the mouse bearly moves and you can concentrate on that frame and have the raid alive.
Also, on this webpage there are few links to other modules to this addon.

I'll update this post later with more links, screenies and more addons once I get to test more.

Dbon
Back to top Go down
https://outcast.editboard.com
Dalon
Admin
Dalon

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful Raiding Addons.   Wonderful Raiding Addons. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 4:33 am

Cool, started using Clique, gonna try it out tomorrow...
hope it works with my new stance bindings... =]
anyway.. nice addon =] (except the fact that you have to press the portrait..
hate it that you can't just press in screen or a character...)
thanks a bunch =]
Back to top Go down
Dbon
Admin

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful Raiding Addons.   Wonderful Raiding Addons. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 9:34 am

Well, That's an unique idea, although I thought more of using interrupt and some kind of raid frame that gives you warning about people taking aggro, then you'd be rushing to save them in a sec by clicking their portrait.
And BTW, don't expect good results at first Clique takes a lot of time to understand it.
Back to top Go down
https://outcast.editboard.com
Owex

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful Raiding Addons.   Wonderful Raiding Addons. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:40 am

SCT is great! much better then the built in one. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful Raiding Addons.   Wonderful Raiding Addons. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wonderful Raiding Addons.
Page 1 of 1